1. The information we collect
WKC will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, and contact details so we can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the WKC Store, when you register for conferences, events or as a member of a team, and when you participate in WKC activities or complete other forms. Where practical, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested.
Users can generally visit a WKC website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. WKC will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
2. How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your involvement with WKC, including providing you with newsletters;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from WKC;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- to assist us to make the WKC services and products more valuable to our community;
- for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate WKC and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested; and
- to different parts of WKC to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist the wider community.
3. Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that WKC holds about you by contacting WKC. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorized to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information, which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practical.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
WKC will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, WKC cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information.
6. Contacting us
Product offers, rates, and other information provided herein are subject to change without notice. Due to occasional inaccessibility to our Web site, WKC and SWDYT cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information provided herein. The information provided to you by interactive calculators are provided for your convenience and are intended to provide approximate information only. They do not constitute an offer of service. The accuracy and applicability of these services are not guaranteed. Appropriate account disclosures will be mailed to users who open subscription accounts with WKC and SWDYT, and they can be printed from our Web site. You may request these documents before opening your subscription account, or verify current offers, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. No warranties
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. WKC and SWDYT makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, WKC and SWDYT do not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
9. Limitations of liability
WKC and SWDYT will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- [to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;]
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if WKC or SWDYT has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit WKC and SWDYT liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by WKC and SWDYT negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of WKC and SWDYT; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for WKC and SWDYT to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
12. Other parties
- You accept that, as a limited liability entity, WKC and SWDYT has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees.
- You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against WKC and SWDYT officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
- You agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect WKC and SWDYT officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors.
13. Unenforceable provisions
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.